At Murphy’s Pharmacies, we’re committed to providing our patients with unique solutions for their healthcare needs. Our compounding laboratory has over 20 years of experience creating individual solutions for: pain management, sports injuries, hormone health, and for numerous skin and other health conditions. We can even create customized compounds for your pets!
To learn more, speak to your Murphy’s Pharmacist, call us at 902-894-8553 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Medication Compounding
- Changing the dosage form of your medication — If you cannot swallow a tablet or capsule, we can compound your medication into a form that can be absorbed through your skin or taken as liquid.
- Changing the dose of existing formulations — If you have a small child or pet that requires a tiny dose of medication, our compounding team can provide you with a dosage form containing the correct amount of medication.
- Eliminating unwanted additives or side effects — If you cannot tolerate your medication due to dye or fillers such as lactose, our compounding pharmacists can eliminate these components.
- Providing medications not commercially available — Topical hormone replacement and pain relieving products are available.
- Veterinary Compounding — Customizing medications for small to large animals and exotics!
Are you in pain? No two people are alike and everyone experiences pain differently. Because your pain is unique, so too should be your pain relief strategy and customized medication may help. If you struggle with chronic pain (nerve, muscle, or joint) and find it difficult to find relief, our laboratory can offer a pain management assessment and present you with multiple options for treatment, both prescription and non-prescription.
Our compounding laboratory team can help solve these problems and others by preparing customized medications that will efficiently deliver the needed drug to the affected area. For instance, transdermal therapy, which refers to medication that is applied directly to the skin, can relieve pain, reduce inflammation and relax muscles with its biggest advantage being that it can deliver the active medical ingredients directly to the affected area. Transdermal therapy may also reduce the number and severity of side effects you may experience compared with your current medication regimen.
To book a consultation to determine if customized medication is right for your pain, call 902-894-8553 or email email@example.com
Customized Sports Medicine Solutions
Athletes, coaches, trainers, team physicians and physical therapists are faced with problems such as:
- Muscle Spasms
- Abrasions and Cuts
Our customized medication laboratory can create solutions for these concerns. To learn more about our compounding laboratory call 902-894-8553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Murphy’s Pharmacies, we compound hormone replacement therapy for both men and women. As we age, our bodies tend to produce fewer hormones creating an imbalance and a proliferation of the symptoms of aging. The medical terms for this process is usually referred to as menopause in women and andropause in men. We are able to work with patients and physicians to restore that balance. Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy uses hormones that are biologically equivalent to the hormones that are produced in the body. At Murphy’s Pharmacies, we measure hormone levels in the body and then customize the dose that will meet the needs of each individual person.
Some benefits of hormone therapy include: promotion of youthful cell growth in organs, enhanced skin smoothness, firmness and elasticity, enhanced muscle tone, decreased risk of osteoporosis, enhanced sex drive, decreased risk of colon cancer, and overall increase in feelings of well-being and quality of life.
For more information and to book a consultation to see if hormone replacement therapy will work with you, call 902-894-8553 or email email@example.com