Murphy Healthcare is a healthcare group that owns and operates pharmacies, retirement homes and medical centres in PEI, NB, NFLD and ON. This dynamic, growing and award-winning firm prides itself on providing exceptional care, always. Murphy Healthcare has been in business for over 35 years and is a multi-national award winner in health promotion, patient care, innovation, pharmacy design and charitable work.
Murphy Healthcare is looking for a full-time Accounting Technician to join our accounting department located in Charlottetown, PE.
The successful candidate will be part of a team environment, working together to ensure that the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting requirements for the organization are met. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is comfortable working within varying types of business units, works well with minimal supervision, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines and can be entrusted with confidential information relating to all areas of the organization.
Responsibilities for the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Issuing sales invoicing and applying receipts to open invoices
- Revenue recognition and receivable accounting
- Performing bank reconciliation
- HST return preparation, filings
- Posting to the general journal, set up of recurring transactions
- Issuing credit notes, reconciling the invoicing issues with customers
- Pulling off amounts from customer bank accounts
- Coordinating with government agency for realizing dues from government
- Assisting in monthly book close process
- Preparation of compliance documents and filing as required by government agencies
- Ensuring accuracy of data for monthly management reporting of financial results
- Working with a team to ensure that the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting requirements are met.
- Maintaining or providing assistance with internal worksheet calculations.
- Processing of invoice accrual and payment of Accounts Payable
- Working with operational staff in different business units to ensure financial data is received in a timely and accurate manner.
- Working within a defined reporting schedule and following established and evolving financial controls.
- Assisting with data and information requests and support documentation as required.
- Preparation of financial statements
Qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in accounting or related field· Minimum of 3 years experience working in accounting and bookkeeping.
- Working experience of RBC express
- Experience in Senior Long Term Care industry would be an asset.
- Experience with accounts receivable, payables, general ledger, inventory and payroll,
- Strong working knowledge of accounting processes and best practices,
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping, organization/filing and computer operation,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel and computerized accounting software (both Sage 50 and Sage 300 would be an asset).
- Good communications skills and the ability to manage issues with sensitivity
Murphy Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health coverage and a pension plan.
If you are interested in joining our professional team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time