Pharmacy Operation Lead
Murphy’s Pharmacies has been building healthier communities across Prince Edward Island for over 35 years. We are proud to offer pharmacy and health services at our independent pharmacy locations and to be multiple national award winners in the areas of pharmacy design, health promotion, patient care, innovation, and charitable work.
Are you a pharmacist looking for an opportunity to showcase your leadership, passion and commitment to advancing pharmacy practice? Would you appreciate a dedicated and encouraging team to support and share your vision?
We have an exciting opportunity for you!
PHARMACY OPERATIONS LEAD – Prince Edward Island
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, self-motivated pharmacist experienced in providing information, guidance and direction to expand and improve pharmacy operations. You are a people person who is able to effect change by working with others to achieve results while maintaining a cohesive work environment. You are energetic and passionate about your work – keen to have an impact and achieve effective results.
• This position involves a regular pharmacist dispensing component within PEI Pharmacy location(s)
• Participate in the development of policies and procedures to improve pharmacy operations. Communicate and partake in action plans to successfully implement initiatives efficiently;
• Work closely with the Director of Pharmacy Operations, Pharmacy Coordinator, and Pharmacy Analyst in the implementation and monitoring of projects, programs, and initiatives;
• Play a critical role in expanding the scope of practice at each pharmacy by providing guidance, information and support;
• Collaborate with pharmacy managers and their teams to ensure consistency of operational standards;
• Support pharmacy locations in recruitment, training, and talent management
• Identify quality improvement initiatives in the dispensary and oversee implementation to improve pharmacy operations;
• Coordinate action in response to changes in the profession that may impact pharmacy operations.
• Responsible for short and long range planning with respect to pharmacist staffing and resources. Ensure effective resource utilization;
• Other duties as assigned
• Participate in the dispensary operations; Fully utilize scope of practice as per the Prince Edward Island College of Pharmacy including prescription adaptation, renewing or extending a prescription, injections, therapeutic substitution, minor ailment prescribing, medication reviews and smoking cessation, etc.
• Lead by example as a role model in terms of exhibiting a culture of caring amongst all employees and clients. Ensure that the daily focus is to provide the best care possible with every touch point and client interaction.
• Knowledge of provincial and federal regulations and standards regarding pharmacy practice
• Knowledge of specialty pharmacy services (i.e. long term care homes and retirement communities, other multi-dose packaging, etc.) is an asset
• Professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of client records and medical information
• Contributes to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all team members and clients; Proactively collaborates to exceed service expectations
• Align personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards
• Considers the client experience and service when analyzing processes and workflow
• Responsibility to the client and community – superior client service
• Commitment to lifelong learning and improvement
Taking Initiative/Results Driven/Quality Focused
• Follows direction of organization while striving for continuous quality improvement
• Being action focused, getting things done independently and as part of the team
• Supports initiatives, leads project implementation for process improvements
• Experience managing teams and implementing patient focused programs an asset
Problem Solving/Decision Making
• Quickly and practically solves problems
• Creates awareness, identifies issues, problems, opportunities
• Understands the impact of decisions on the organization and the environment
• Proven ability to work independently; to prioritize tasks and organize work efficiently
• Promotes organizational development and continuous improvement
• Organizes projects and communicates with the team and leadership regarding progress regularly
• Seeks opportunities to improve existing routines or processes
• Champion for change by demonstrating a positive attitude to change
• Knowledge of liability and compliance regulation, the ability to build strategies to mitigate risk
• Application of techniques that continually improve the quality of services, client safety, organizational performance, and the financial health of the organization.
Process Implementation/Change Management
• Ability to review and modify existing practices to improve workflow and increase efficiency
• Support projects throughout all stages (planning, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up)
• Ability to explain change to team members so they are aware of entire process, including indication/background and goals of project
• An understanding of how technology can be used to promote operational efficiency
• Experience with distribution technology (i.e. SynMed, VBM, PACMED, etc.) an asset
Qualities & Skills
• Excellent people skills and a great ability to build trust and relationships amongst clients, team members, and other health professionals
• Highly organized
• Detail oriented
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness to travel (within PEI)
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Pharmacist registered in the General Class with the Prince Edward Island College of Pharmacy;
• Minimum 2 years community pharmacy experience preferred
• Physical requirements include: Standing for extended periods of time; repetitive movements; lift/move up to 20 pounds.
To Apply Click here