Pharmacist – Charlottetown
Murphy’s Pharmacies has been building healthier communities across Prince Edward Island for over 35 years. We are proud to offer pharmacy and health services at our independent pharmacy locations and to be multiple national award winners in the areas of pharmacy design, health promotion, patient care, innovation, and charitable work.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated pharmacist to join our team in Charlottetown to participate in the daily dispensary operations, working in a team environment and collaborating with other healthcare professionals. The ideal candidate would also have an interest in developing specialty areas of practice, as well as a passion and interest to develop and implement patient focused programs. Must be able to work a rotation of days, evenings and weekends. This position requires the candidate to work at various Murphy’s Pharmacies in the Greater Charlottetown Area.
· Participate in the daily dispensary operations, including supporting company initiatives and adherence programs.
· Fully utilize scope of practice as per the Prince Edward Island College of Pharmacists including prescription adaptation, renewing or extending a prescription, injections, therapeutic substitution, minor ailment prescribing, medication reviews and smoking cessation, etc.
· Integrate medication reviews into daily practice for all eligible clients in an efficient and effective manner.
· Lead by example as a role model in terms of exhibiting a culture of caring amongst all employees and clients. Ensure that the daily focus is to provide the best care possible with every touch point and client interaction.
· Professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of client records and medical information.
· Contributes to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all team members and clients.
· Proven ability to work autonomously and in an organized manner with some experience leading and developing others (team leadership, people development, motivation, delegation). ⦁ Scheduling flexibility (adaptive to changing work schedules and routines).
· Experience working with Kroll.
· Client Care mindset, attentive, organized, demonstrated collaborative approach to working with other pharmacy team members, passion for pharmacy and patient care, takes initiative, empathetic, works efficiently and accurately.
· Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and provide exceptional care always.
· Commitment to ongoing education and staying current with pharmacy practice trends would be an asset.
· Self motivated, goal-driven, career focused professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
· Minimum Bachelor-level degree in Pharmacy and Pharmacist License (PE) – in good standing.
· Physical requirements include: Standing for extended periods of time; repetitive movements, moving, lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
To Apply click here