LPN – Atlantic Medical Centres
We are looking for an experienced License Practical Nurse (LPN) for our Medical Centre practice in Charlottetown. The position requires a professional LPN that is personable, patient, and who demonstrates the ability to be calm in a variety of situations.
These are Full Time, 1 year term positions to cover maternity leaves. Shifts are on an as needed basis. Office hours vary based on the needs of the practice and can range anywhere between 7:30am-5pm
- Demonstrate a professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of patient records and medical information.
- Conduct and record patient assessment and documentation including any appropriate vitals or patient preparation (PAP’s, breast exams, etc.)
- Supply management such as stocking rooms appropriately and sterilizing equipment.
- Venipuncture and injections daily.
- Collect, test (if required), and prepare samples for transport to lab (Blood, urine, swabs, etc.)
- Prepare for and assist physician with surgical procedures (mole removals, IUD insertions, joint injections, etc.).
- Communicate with patients, the hospital, lab, specialist office, etc. as required.
- Promote a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and patients.
- The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, a proven ability to multi-task, and communicate with patients in a pleasant manner at all times.
- Must also give meticulous attention to detail and provide excellent and informed patient care.
- Be a self-motivated, career-focused professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
- Experience drawing blood
- One year experience working as an LPN in a medical office environment would be an asset.
- Physical Requirements include standing for extended periods of time; repetitive movements; lifting/moving up to 50 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to internal candidates
Atlantic Medical Centres is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer