LPN – Atlantic Medical Centres
We are looking for an experienced License Practical Nurse (LPN)for our Medical Centre practice in Charlottetown. The position requires a professional LPN that is personable, patient, and who demonstrates the ability to be calm in a variety of situations.
This is a casual position supporting various offices. Shifts are on an as needed basis. Office hours vary based on the needs of the practice and can range anywhere between 7:30am-5pm
· Demonstrate a professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of patient records and medical information.
· Conduct and record patient assessment and documentation including any appropriate vitals or patient preparation (PAP’s, breast exams, etc.)
· Supply management such as stocking rooms appropriately and sterilizing equipment.
· Venipuncture and injections daily.
· Collect, test (if required), and prepare samples for transport to lab (Blood, urine, swabs, etc.)
· Prepare for and assist physician with surgical procedures (mole removals, IUD insertions, joint injections, etc.).
· Communicate with patients, the hospital, lab, specialist office, etc. as required.
· Promote a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and patients.
· The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, a proven ability to multi-task, and communicate with patients in a pleasant manner at all times.
· Must also give meticulous attention to detail and provide excellent and informed patient care.
· Be a self-motivated, career-focused professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
Experience drawing blood
· One year experience working as an LPN in a medical office environment would be an asset.
For more information on how to apply click here