Human Resources Advisor
Human Resources Advisor
Murphy Healthcare is a healthcare group that owns and operates pharmacies, medical centres, and retirement homes in Eastern Canada. This dynamic, growing and award-winning organization prides itself on providing exceptional care, always. Murphy Healthcare has been in operation for almost 40 years and is a multi-national award winner in health promotion, patient care, innovation, pharmacy design and charitable work.
About the Position
Murphy Healthcare is looking for a HR Advisor to join our team. We are looking for someone that shares our core values of Care – We are here to help. Collaboration – We are better together. Community – We are committed to building healthier communities.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the human resources (HR) advisor will provide a wide range of HR services to the organization including, but not limited to: guidance on employment legislation, regulations and policy, recruitment and retention, compensation, performance management, operational management support and development, employee relations, project management and, general HR administration. The HR Advisor will be a specialist in collaboration, communication and relationship building.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, assist and implement various HR related policies, plans and procedures
- Provide advice and guidance to management regarding various HR related policies and employment standards
- Provide guidance and support on management and leadership development
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies in consultation with recruitment team and operational management
- Create, revise and implement job descriptions
- Champion and advise on the performance management process and performance management best practices
- Provide exceptional internal client service to employees and management for all employee related issues, questions and requests
- Provide advice on and participate in compensation reviews and the creation of compensation strategies
- Support organizational development and design through research, consultation and implementation
- Ensure compliance with federal and various provincial employment regulations through an effective monitoring and administration system
- Manage, coordinate and participate in various HR related projects
- Conduct market research and analysis to support HR business functions and projects
- Support the administrative recruitment function of HR by leading and managing parts, or all, of the recruitment lifecycle
- Provide general administrative support within and to the HR team, including event coordination
- Other duties as required
Know How & Qualifications
- Minimum education requirement – bachelor’s degree or acceptable combination of other education and experience
- CPHR or CPHR candidate preferred
- Minimum three years experience in a similar role or role with significant HR responsibilities
- Experience in identifying needs, planning and providing advice on HR, operational and workflow issues
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated experience as a strong, sensitive communicator and collaborator
- Have sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new software and programs and, easily acquiring new technical skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and effectively managing workload with limited time
- Ability to be flexible and operate in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and comfort with use of various databases and systems
- Demonstrated ability to always maintain confidentiality
- Be personable, professional and operate with a high degree of integrity
- Produce professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors
- Be able to work unsupervised
- Physical requirements include: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift, move up to 15 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to internal candidates.
Murphy Healthcare is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.