Full Time Medical Secretary
Murphy Healthcare is a healthcare group that owns and operates pharmacies, medical centres, and retirement homes in Eastern Canada. This dynamic, growing and award-winning organization prides itself on providing exceptional care, always. Murphy Healthcare has been in operation for almost 40 years and is a multi-national award winner in health promotion, patient care, innovation, pharmacy design and charitable work.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Atlantic Medical Centres is looking for a Full-Time Medical Secretary to join our team. We are looking for someone that shares our core values of Care – We are here to help. Collaboration – We are better together. Community – We are committed to building healthier communities.
This is a one year term position to fill a maternity leave
- Managing daily office activities including appointment scheduling, telephone reception, confirming appointments, arranging tests, filing, and transcribing when necessary.
- Professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of patient records and medical information.
- Responsible for accurately and efficiently completing all office administration, including billing procedures and purchasing office supplies.
- Promote a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and patients.
- The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with patients in a pleasant manner at all times.
- Must also give meticulous attention to detail and provide excellent and informed patient care.
- Be a self-motivated, career-focused professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
- Proficiency with computers and experience with appointment scheduling and billing software.
- Completion of Medical Secretary education is required.
- A minimum of one year experience working as a Medical Secretary is preferred.
- Transcription experience is preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records is an asset.
- Physical requirements include: Sitting for extended periods of time; make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands and wrists.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to internal candidates.
Atlantic Medical Centres is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.