Director of Technology
Murphy Healthcare is a healthcare group that owns and operates pharmacies, medical centres, and retirement homes in Eastern Canada. This dynamic, growing and award-winning organization prides itself on providing exceptional care, always. Murphy Healthcare has been in operation for 40 years and is a multi-national award winner in health promotion, patient care, innovation, pharmacy design and charitable work.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Murphy Healthcare is looking for a Director of Technology to join our Sr. Management Team. We are looking for someone that shares our core values of Care – We are here to help. Collaborate – We are better together. Community – We build healthier communities.
As a key member of the IT team, the Director of Technology, ensures the department is proactively identifying innovative ways for technology to support the business needs of the operations. This individual leads the day-to-day activities of the IT Department in an efficient and cost-effective manner, while ensuring we are providing exceptional experiences.
- Sets strategic direction for the department.
- Maintains and enhances relationships with external vendors and assists with company growth and initiatives by pricing and/or producing various e -health software and offerings
- Works to integrate and connect our various systems, and find efficiencies in current accounting, POS data, and dispensary reporting practices
- Prepare operational budgets for the Department, monitor expenditures, and maintain operations within the approved budget.
- Leads the design & implementation of systems and core infrastructure technology (physical, virtual and cloud) for all of our business units
- Lead a team responsible for developing and maintaining IT infrastructure and network including data back- up, business continuity, monitoring and mitigating vulnerabilities and safeguarding from related risks
- Oversee our technical support and software team which diagnoses and resolves problems – provides hardware and software technical support, maintenance/upgrades, problem prioritization, problem resolution and follow-up
- Plans, guides and helps support IT projects and initiatives
- Maintains technical documentation
- Responsible for coaching, and overall performance of the IT team.
- Provide software development support for inter-company clients as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science, Information Technology or a technology related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology management
- Previous senior leadership experience an asset
- Up-to-date knowledge of methodologies and trends in both business and IT
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Experience implementing and maintaining Backup and Disaster recovery solutions
- Software development abilities preferred, with Microsoft SQL Server Experience considered an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels and functional areas
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org the job title of this position in the subject line.
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Murphy Healthcare is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.