Full-Time Float Pharmacists
Working at Murphy’s Pharmacies is more than a job, we are proud of the impact we have in our communities as we work to transform healthcare, delivering exceptional experiences for our team and clients, and we are looking for Full-Time Float Pharmacists that will contribute to our success.
The Murphy’s Pharmacies culture is based on the core values of Care, Collaboration and Community. If you have experience working in a retail pharmacy environment, a passion for helping clients on their healthcare journey and are interested in being part of a team of like-minded people who love making a difference in the health of their communities – while having fun doing it – you should consider applying.
Why join us?
- Market competitive wages
- Group benefits, including health, dental, insurance and disability, plus 100% coverage on most prescription drugs
- Company Pension Plan with matching contributions up to 4% of annual salary
- We invest in your future with our learning management system and leadership development program
- We support our team with Registered Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants who go through our formalized Pharmacy Assistant Training program + Regional Pharmacy Operations Manager, Data Analyst, Learning & Development Specialist, Human Resources team & more
- We invest in technology with our Mobilus app for coordinating deliveries, Pharmaconnect mobile app for interacting with our clients and Kroll paperless workflow to streamline our dispensaries
- Discounts with local businesses to help you save money, including home heating oil, restaurants, and island retailers
- Subsidized fitness membership
What Matters Most: You will quickly notice that while we do offer industry competitive compensation, here at Murphy’s Pharmacies you will feel rewarded on a daily basis by our team-based approach, our culture and a sense of purpose that can only come from helping others
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor-level degree or higher in Pharmacy and a Pharmacist License in PEI in good standing (General Class)
- You have a Client Care mindset, attentive, organized, demonstrated collaborative approach to working with other pharmacy team members, passion for pharmacy and patient care, takes initiative, empathetic, works efficiently and accurately.
- A meticulous attention to detail and provide exceptional care always.
- You are a driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are used to working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals
- You are committed to ongoing education and stay current with pharmacy practice trends
- A proven ability to work autonomously and in an organized manner with some experience leading and developing others (team leadership, people development, motivation, delegation).
- You are flexible, adaptive to changing work schedules and routine.
- Experience working with Kroll
How You’ll Spend Your Time
As a key member of the Murphy’s Pharmacies team, as a Full-Time Float Pharmacist, you will support all of our pharmacy locations. You will be working in a team environment while collaborating with other healthcare professionals. You will support the development of specialty areas of your practice, with a passion and interest to develop and implement patient focused programs.
- You’ll be participating in the daily dispensary operations, including supporting company initiatives and adherence programs.
- Leading by example as a role model in terms of exhibiting a culture of caring amongst all employees and clients. Ensuring that the daily focus is to provide the best care possible with every touch point and client interaction.
- You will fully utilize our scope of practice as per the PEI College of Pharmacists including prescription adaptation, renewing or extending a prescription, injections, therapeutic substitution, minor ailment prescribing, medication reviews and smoking cessation, etc.
- Integrate medication reviews into daily practice for all eligible clients in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstration a Professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of client records and medical information.
- Contributing to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all team members and clients.
- These positions will involve supporting our pharmacy locations across the island.
Interested in this amazing opportunity?
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position in the subject line.
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Murphy Healthcare is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.